All residents enjoy their own modern bedroom complete with ensuite, wardrobe, television, private telephone and outside patio or balcony area. Fully furnished to provide maximum comfort and customised to feel like home, rooms open on to lush gardens, secure private balconies or waterfront views.
Memory Support Unit
you need to know
You may be eligible for care in an aged care home if you are:
- An older person who can no longer live independently at home
- A younger person with a disability, dementia or other special needs
Firstly, call My Aged Care and have an assessment. Their contact details are 1800 200 422.
They will discuss you needs and arrange for free assessment by the local Aged Care Assessment Team.
After your assessment you will receive a formal letter and support plan that sets out the care you are approved to receive. The support plan has a unique referral code that you give to your preferred provider. Work out the costs associated with Residential Aged Care, Services Australia can assist https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/how-we-calculate-fees-for-residential-care?context=23391
Find a residential service for your care needs, apply, enter into an agreement and be involved in your care and services delivered.
Fees and charges
When you come to live at Lions Haven, you will pay a lump sum, called a refundable accommodation deposit (RAD). Click here for more information (PDF brochure Australian Government My Aged Care – Bonds Factsheet)
Haven House Rooms – $475,000.00
Water View Rooms – (12,14,15) – $475,000.00
Waterfront Rooms – $550,000.00
Daily Care Fees – $56.87 Per Day
Fees are adjusted in March and September as per Australian Government regulation.
What We Provide
- High quality person-centred care with a focus on meeting your individual needs.
- Fresh meals prepared and cooked in the home kitchen by our dedicated qualified chef.
- Assistance with daily living including bathing, dressing and eating.
- Individually tailored social and recreational activities to bring joy and meaning to your days.
- On-site laundry and cleaning services.
- Relaxing lounges, dining rooms and day rooms. Our home is surrounded tranquil courtyards and gardens.
- Private bedrooms with ensuite with basic furnishings included (Smart TV, bed, armchair, lockable bedside table).
You are welcome to bring items from home, all electrical items under Work Health and Safety legislation must be test and tagged by our staff before use.
Quality Healthcare and Wellbeing
Lions Haven aim to provide quality healthcare and Wellbeing by providing specialised and unique services to our residents these include:
- A qualified 24/7 nursing team on-site at all times to attend to your clinical and emergency needs.
- Visiting Medical Doctors and Geriatrician, and Psychologists.
- Access to a range of other health services including physiotherapy, podiatry, dietetics.
- Medication management provided on-site and visiting pharmacist.
- Access to recreational activities 7 days a week.
- Onsite masseuse and Hairdresser.
We acknowledge the Kombumerri People as Traditional Custodians of the Land and the neighbouring Bundjalung, Ngarahngwal and Yugambir language groups and Elders past, present for their collective contribution to the community. We extend our respects to leaders current and emerging and to the many Aboriginal people from other regions as well as Torres Strait and the South Sea Islander people.
At Lions Haven we ensure equitable access and outcomes for all residents and family members and embrace the diverse characteristics and life experiences of our consumers. In providing quality, person-centred care, we aim to meet the diverse needs of residents including:
- people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- people who are financially or socially disadvantaged
- people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- care leavers
- parents separated from their children by forced adoption or removal
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people
- people who live in rural or remote areas.
The Annual General Meeting of the Lions Haven Ltd was held on Thursday 20th October 2022. The meeting was attended by participating Lions Clubs of the Gold Coast (member clubs), Lions Haven Directors, CEO Carlie Kilikas and accountant, Rikard Kumlin from Red Shed Financial Services. Business of the day included the election of office bearers, tabling of the Annual Report of the Lions Haven including audited financial statements and review and amendment of the Lions Haven Constitution.
Board role and responsibilities:
- Review and approve the strategic direction of Lions Haven for the Aged Ltd with management and monitor management’s implementation of that strategy.
- Monitor financial outcomes and the integrity of reporting. Approve annual budgets, and longer term strategic & business plans.
- Monitor the effectiveness of Lions Haven for the Aged Ltd audit, risk management and compliance systems that are in place to protect Lions Haven assets.
- Monitor compliance with regulatory requirements and ethical standards, including ensuring continual compliance with the Aged Care Accreditation Standards.
- Select and appoint the CEO, determine the conditions of service, and monitor performance against established objectives.
- Structure the Board to add value to the business, by ensuring Directors have required skills and expertise, adequate knowledge of the Aged Care industry, and are informed of latest developments in the industry.
- Reporting to stakeholders, including residents and/or their representatives at the AGM.